I would love to visit
your school! Here's how to contact me:
8223 Grape View Ct. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122
can you expect from a visit to your school? I will . . .
adult groups? Sure! I will . . .
- work with students from fourth grade and up
- work with students in a public or private school or synagogue
- meet with up to four groups in a day, any size and combination
- chat with groups about what authors do in general, and about my
books in particular
- tailor my presentation to the age of the audience, e.g., I wont
talk about my skinhead book with students below 8th grade unless invited
to do so
- offer creative writing workshops for general classes or selected
- promise a fast-paced, interactive, fun, content-filled session
What do I
expect from you? That you will . . .
- offer creative writing for teachers, parents, and serious writers
- speak at teacher/librarian meetings, as a keynoter or a workshop
leader. (Topics include various writing projects, weaving intermediate
and young adult fiction into curriculum, and "Choosing Your Battles:
How to Deal with Censorship in Schools and Libraries.")
What about costs?
- prepare students for my visit by sharing at least part of one of
my books. (The more, the merrier. Doing projects on the books -- even
- provide a suitable, quiet venue with any necessary equipment (minimal)
- provide an opportunity for people to buy books, if appropriate
- For schools, libraries, and conferences in Kansas and Missouri, $700
per day plus lodging, meals, and transportation from/to my "home-away-from home" in Wichita.
- For all other schools, libraries, and conferences, $700 per day plus
lodging, meals, and transportation from/to my actual home in Albuquerque.
- For schools, libraries, and conferences in the Albuquerque area, partial
days are possible. Contact me for arrangements and fees.
What I Can Do in Your School
Study Guide for Steal Away Home
Article in Kansas English Journal
Interview With Lois Ruby